[hobbit] Sorry... I had to vent

Vernon Everett everett.vernon at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 14:20:49 CET 2010

About 2 years ago, somebody might recall the exact date, I do not, I grabbed
a single month's worth of mailing list, and examined every posting.
>From them, I extracted and distilled each question and useful answer into a
Q&A document. Something along the lines of a FAQ.
I posted it on the list, and invited others to grab a month and do likewise.
I was overwhelmed with apathy. :-(
On a positive note, TJ added my Q&As to the Wiki. (Thanks TJ)
See here
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/System_Monitoring_with_Xymon/Other_Docs/FAQ
I think I was responsible for some of these. TJ - can you remember?
My most (in)famous one being the one about "when is the next version due"
That certainly set the cat amongst the pigeons. :-)

You don't need to be a Jedi Master level to distil posts into basic Q&As.
Anybody can do it. Even me.
Grab a month, announce it, and let rip.
I will make it easy.
Add your name to a month below and repost (to prevent duplicate effort), and
just do it.

02/2010 -
01/2010 -
12/2009 -