[hobbit] ESX monitoring.

Vernon Everett everett.vernon at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 14:26:44 CET 2010

You can install the Red Hat binaries in the ESX service console, and
although it works, it still only gives a limited view. (Remember, the
service console is also a VM)
Also, remember, installing non-authorised packages into the service console
could negate support contracts.

I was playing with using SNMP to monitor the rest of the host server at my
previous contract, but never completed the job :-(

Getting a "complete view" of an ESX machine is not easy. We eventually
settled for the client in each VM, and the service console.
Not perfect, but acceptable.

Cheers
     Vernon