Holidays and planned downtime

Gillis Bart Bart.Gillis at cegeka.be
Wed Mar 17 12:10:38 CET 2010

I upgraded my xymon 4.2.3 server to the version 4.3.0 beta2 in order to
test the holidays feature.

After the upgrade I had

-       to create the hobbit-holidays.cfg file manually

-       to add the HOLIDAYFORMAT entry in the hobbitserver.cfg file

After these actions I got the Holiday info in my info pages.

Now I'm wondering if it is possible to use this Holiday information in
the planned downtime items of the bb-hosts file.

I did some test buts couldn't include this holidays in the planned
downtime.

I configured it like this:

In my hobbit-holidays.cfg file I defined the current day as a test
holiday day.

Check: On the info page I see in the Holiday 2010 (be) tabel a "Test Day
03/17" line.

Now I configured planned downtime for this servers in the bb-hosts file:

DOWNTIME=*:W:0600:1600

Check: On the info page I see the info: "Planned downtime:
Mon-Fri:0600:1600"

I configured a non active IP address and as I configured
HOLIDAYLIKEWEEKDAY=0 (in the hobbit-holidays.cfg file)I would expect
that this must result in a red alert.

Today (defined as a holiday) should behave as a Sunday.

But I got a planned downtime (bleu) code instead of red.

Can anyone help me?

Or is this holiday list only usable in the hobbit-alerts.cfg and
availability (REPORTTIME=W:0700:2000) parameters?