[hobbit] Oversized status message

Vernon Everett everett.vernon at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 07:56:50 CET 2010

Two other things you can try.

I recall there was a version of Hobbit, a good few years back, where the
hobbitserver.cfg setting didn't actually work. I had to change the size in
the code and recompile - but it is unlikely you are using such a venerable
version.

I have also seen that sometimes Windoze servers spew logs of unfathomable
size.
Even changing the hobbitserver.cfg settings did not help.
This is more likely your situation.
We ended up having to limit the contents of the log files.
To do this, I added some entries to client-local.cfg on the Hobbit/Xymon
server.
[HOST1,HOST2,HOST3]
eventlog:security
ignore 0
eventlog:application
ignore BigBrotherHobbitClient|information

>From my limited understanding of how Windoze works, I believe this excluded
application event logs regarding the BBWin client and application
information logs, as well as any security related event logs with a 0 return
code - which was our main problem - heaps of status 0 security messages.

YMMV.

Regards
     Vernon