[hobbit] Monitoring from the Hobbit Server for each client ?

Josh Luthman josh at imaginenetworksllc.com
Wed Mar 10 01:21:03 CET 2010

I'd guess start with making a variable ONSERVER and ONBACKUP and if
both are not true or 1 then make the alert red.

On 3/9/10, Dana Pearson <Dana.Pearson at coles.com.au> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My site has 200 Linux servers.
> A Recovery Image file exists on a Linux Backup Server for every Linux
> server.
> The Backup server starts the process to create the Recovery Image and stores
> it on one of its filesystems.
>
> How can I display in Hobbit red/green alert for each Linux server when the
> file exists only on the backup server (not on each individual server).
> Can a script be run from the Hobbit server to display the status for each
> client ?
> Has someone got an example ?
>
> Regards
> Dana

> This email and any attachments may contain privileged and confidential
> information and are intended for the named addressee only. If you have
> received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete
> this e-mail immediately. Any confidentiality, privilege or copyright
> is not waived or lost because this e-mail has been sent to you in
> error. It is your responsibility to check this e-mail and any
> attachments for viruses.  No warranty is made that this material is
> free from computer virus or any other defect or error.  Any
> loss/damage incurred by using this material is not the sender's
> responsibility.  The sender's entire liability will be limited to
> resupplying the material.

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343
1100 Wayne St
Suite 1337
Troy, OH 45373

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to
continue that counts.”
--- Winston Churchill