hobbit alerts as ATT0000*.BIN (or .DAT) attachments with no body

Tom Sztur tsztur at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 17:17:52 CEST 2010

Hello,

So we have a custom alert setup to check for (temperature) changes within
another file.

It seems hobbit is sending out the alert only as a .bin (or .dat)
attachment.
from the archives, another user is having this problem: (it seems I cannot
link the URL)
but basically:
"This is due to carriage returns not being stripped from certain alert
output (like HTTP or
CPU status from Windows machines). The 'mail' command does not know how to
deal with this and will not send properly."

this is happening for just a few alerts.
is there another way of getting this fixed besides piping the alert through
the mail command manually?
I have had no luck doing this.

I am also noticing this for other standard alerts also.
Is there anything in the hobbit code or configuration that can be done about
this?

thanks
Tom.