[hobbit] SNMP Trapping Question - What is Best Tool for the Job?

wiskbroom at hotmail.com wiskbroom at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 22 14:31:04 CEST 2010

> On Monday, 21 June 2010 16:18:57 Josh Luthman wrote:
>> What do you mean device support, predone copy and paste templates?
>
> Devmon uses "templates" to define what data (OIDs) to poll, any transformation
> required on the data, what the thresholds should be, and how to format the
> data returned to Xymon.

I guess the ability to easily transform an existing MIB into a devmon template would be a great start. Perhaps this exists already?  If so, then I've overlooked that and I apologize.

>> I find the templates to be of the creator's best use and I do my own.
>> Note that I don't use devmon or Xymon for SNMP.

Thus far everything I've seen in Devmon and weathermap has been top shelf.  Again, I only wish I were able to use the weathermap GUI editor :-)

.vp