[hobbit] Disk test, etc...

loris.serena at pncgis.ie loris.serena at pncgis.ie
Thu Jun 17 12:33:35 CEST 2010

Hi Henrik,

(months later, I know...) this is what worked for me in the
hobbitclient-sunos.sh (Xymon 4.2.3).

As usual, other users mileage may vary.

-bash-3.00$ diff hobbitclient-sunos.sh.orig hobbitclient-sunos.sh
25c25
< FSTYPES=`/bin/df -n -l|awk '{print $3}'|egrep -v
"^proc|^fd|^mntfs|^ctfs|^devfs|^objfs|^nfs|^lofs"|sort|uniq`
---
> FSTYPES=`/bin/df -n |awk '{print $NF}'|egrep -v
"^proc|^fd|^mntfs|^ctfs|^devfs|^objfs|^sharefs|^lofs"|sort -r|uniq`
28c28
< /bin/df -F $1 -k | grep -v " /var/run"
---
> /bin/df -F $1 -h | egrep -v " /var/run| /etc/svc/volatile"
31c31
<   /bin/df -F $1 -k | grep -v " /var/run" | tail +2
---
>   /bin/df -F $1 -h | egrep -v " /var/run| /etc/svc/volatile" | tail +2
36c36
< mount
---
> /usr/sbin/mount
-bash-3.00$

Regards,

Loris

             Henrik "Størner"
             <henrik at hswn.dk>
             08/10/2009 22:35          hobbit at hswn.dk
                                                                        cc

              hobbit at hswn.dk           Re: [hobbit] Disk test, NFS and FTP
                                       queries

In <f06a10d50910080904sf2f6201x23d2831e3446bd2f at mail.gmail.com> Loris
Serena <lserena at gmail.com> writes:

>Q1.
>Is there a way to avoid the Solaris 10 virtual filesystems
>(i.e./etc/dfs/sharetab) from being listed/graphed in the disk test?
>(possibly via conf setting on the Xymon client, rather than on the server)

The hobbitclient-sunos.sh script in ~xymon/client/bin/ does some
work to filter out the not-so-interesting filesystems. You can
tweak that shell-script to do what you want - if it makes sense
to ignore them everywhere, then please send me your modifications.

>Also, the web page shows seven filesystems, whereas the RRD graphs show
nine
>of them...
>(those 7 plus /devices and /var/run). How do I get rid of them?

Delete the corresponding ~xymon/data/rrd/HOSTNAME/disk,<whatever>.rrd
files.