[hobbit] New client-side external script to monitor Bacula backup server with Xymon

Bill Arlofski waa-bacula at revpol.com
Tue Jun 8 17:11:30 CEST 2010

On 06/07/10 16:07, Patrick Nixon wrote:
> Installed!
>
> On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 2:36 PM, Josh Luthman
> <josh at imaginenetworksllc.com> wrote:
>> You are awesome.  Thank you for sharing and documenting!
>>
>> Josh Luthman

Hi Josh, Patrick!  Glad to see my efforts have helped someone! :)

Just wanted to comment that the part of the script where it runs the bconsole
"status dir" command will surely require a little "tuning" depending on your
environment and requirements.

On the initial, hurried posting of that script I was incorrectly grepping for
"is waiting on" OR "mount"  which would of course catch things like "is
waiting on storage..." and "is waiting on max client jobs..." and probably a
few others.

Surely these are cases that may occur in an environment where there are many
clients, and/or many jobs running simultaneously and might not represent an
issue that needs attention.

I plan on making the status messages being grepped a variable in the next
update so they are easily modified and not obscured/blended into the script
itself.

--
Bill Arlofski
Reverse Polarity, LLC