[hobbit] Fedora 8 Problem

Neil Franken nfranken at theunlimitedworld.co.za
Tue Jun 8 13:21:02 CEST 2010

Thanks for all the info.

Got all working.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Baldwin [mailto:david.baldwin at ausport.gov.au]
Sent: 08 June 2010 09:57 AM
To: hobbit at hswn.dk
Subject: Re: [hobbit] Fedora 8 Problem

Neil,
> Hi All
>
> I got a old Fedora 8 box that I installed the xymon client on. I used
> the RHEL packages provided by Buchan Milne(thanks for the local mirror)
> and installed the xymon client using yum install xymon-client. However
> when I run the runclient.sh I don't get any results I looked into the
> /logs directory and found the following error.
>
> Could not connect to bbd at 127.0.0.1:1984 - Connection refused
>
> The install did not ask me for a BBhost file so I think the install
> might have skipped this part. How do I change where the client is
> reporting to? I looked at all the files in the client/etc directory but
> could not find anything.

You are probably looking for /etc/default/hobbit-client to configure the
address of the server.

If that's not it, go from first principles - either check what is in
/etc/init.d/hobbit-client (or xymon-client) or list the installed files.
On my system I get:
# rpm -ql hobbit-client
/etc/default/hobbit-client
/etc/init.d/hobbit-client
/usr/lib/hobbit/client
/usr/lib/hobbit/client/bin
/usr/lib/hobbit/client/bin/bb
/usr/lib/hobbit/client/bin/bbcmd
/usr/lib/hobbit/client/bin/bbdigest
/usr/lib/hobbit/client/bin/bbhostgrep
/usr/lib/hobbit/client/bin/bbhostshow
/usr/lib/hobbit/client/bin/clientupdate
/usr/lib/hobbit/client/bin/hobbitclient-aix.sh
/usr/lib/hobbit/client/bin/hobbitclient-darwin.sh
/usr/lib/hobbit/client/bin/hobbitclient-freebsd.sh
/usr/lib/hobbit/client/bin/hobbitclient-hp-ux.sh
/usr/lib/hobbit/client/bin/hobbitclient-irix.sh
/usr/lib/hobbit/client/bin/hobbitclient-linux.sh
/usr/lib/hobbit/client/bin/hobbitclient-netbsd.sh
/usr/lib/hobbit/client/bin/hobbitclient-openbsd.sh
/usr/lib/hobbit/client/bin/hobbitclient-osf1.sh
/usr/lib/hobbit/client/bin/hobbitclient-sco_sv.sh
/usr/lib/hobbit/client/bin/hobbitclient-sunos.sh
/usr/lib/hobbit/client/bin/hobbitclient.sh
/usr/lib/hobbit/client/bin/hobbitlaunch
/usr/lib/hobbit/client/bin/logfetch
/usr/lib/hobbit/client/bin/msgcache
/usr/lib/hobbit/client/bin/orcahobbit
/usr/lib/hobbit/client/etc
/usr/lib/hobbit/client/etc/clientlaunch.cfg
/usr/lib/hobbit/client/etc/hobbitclient.cfg
/usr/lib/hobbit/client/etc/localclient.cfg
/usr/lib/hobbit/client/ext
/usr/lib/hobbit/client/logs
/usr/lib/hobbit/client/runclient.sh
/usr/lib/hobbit/client/tmp
/usr/share/doc/hobbit-client-4.2.3
/usr/share/doc/hobbit-client-4.2.3/COPYING
/usr/share/doc/hobbit-client-4.2.3/CREDITS
/usr/share/doc/hobbit-client-4.2.3/Changes
/usr/share/doc/hobbit-client-4.2.3/README
/usr/share/doc/hobbit-client-4.2.3/README.CLIENT
/usr/share/doc/hobbit-client-4.2.3/RELEASENOTES
/var/log/hobbit

David.

--
David Baldwin - IT Unit
Australian Sports Commission          www.ausport.gov.au

Keep up to date with what's happening in Australian sport visit http://www.ausport.gov.au

This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you receive this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender.