[hobbit] TS - Adding an ICON

d.tom.schmitt at L-3com.com d.tom.schmitt at L-3com.com
Mon Jun 7 16:40:37 CEST 2010

Hope this helps!

FYI:  I found that the Primary server has all the information if you do
an
	snmpbulkwalk -v2c -c public IP-of-server1 or 2 .1 >FILENAME
The size of the file is very large for the online server compared to the
offline server.
I did the command above for both servers and then did a diff of the 2
files.
I then looked for the Virtual IP address using:  grep -I "<virtual-IP>"
*

If you find a better alternative, please let me know.

I currently use the Juniper .cgi web page in the Xymon bb-hosts line to
verify that there is a response.
Both return the identical screen so you cannot tell which is online from
this testing.

This is what I am looking to do and then I want to toggle
RED/YELLOW/GREEN icons on the same Xymon display line.
The only device that seems to have the virtual IP address in the MIB is
the live device.

STRING=public		# Set to your RO string
#----------------------------------
# Loop through each Juniper SSL-VPN
#----------------------------------
for IP in IP-of-server1 IP-of-server2
do
        #--------------------------------------
        # Get the sysName - either IVE1 or IVE2
        #--------------------------------------
        NAME=`/usr/bin/snmpget -v2c -c $STRING $IP SNMPv2-MIB::sysName.0
2>&1 | \
            awk -F'=' '{print $2}'
| \
            awk -F':' '{print $2}'`

        #-------------------------------------------------------------
        # Get the ipAdEntAddr - <Virtual-IP> or 'No Such Instance ...'
        #-------------------------------------------------------------
        VIRT=`/usr/bin/snmpget -v2c -c $STRING $IP
IP-MIB::ipAdEntAddr.<Virtual-IP> 2>&1 | \
            awk -F'=' '{print $2}'
| \
            awk -F':' '{print $2}'`
        if [ "$VIRT" = "" ]; then
            VIRT=" off-line"
        fi
        echo -e "IP:  $IP    NAME:  $NAME    Virtual IP:   $VIRT"
done

         Thanks,

         Tom Schmitt
         Senior IT Staff - R&D