TS - Adding an ICON

d.tom.schmitt at L-3com.com d.tom.schmitt at L-3com.com
Fri Jun 4 23:41:30 CEST 2010

I have a need to add a new ICON (green, red, yellow, blue, etc.) to the
existing icons for a network device.

I also need to alert on the change of colors of the icon.

I am using a MIB check to verify that a device (in a set of HA devices)
is the current one using the virtual IP address.

I can tell from my scripting that the device has switched to the other
of the HA pair.

(A Juniper SSL-VPN pair).

I will be using NET-SNMP on the XYMON server to gather the info using a
crontab script.

I need to create and change an ICON next to the device.  E.g. HA

If HA for that device goes from GREEN(active server) to RED(now inactive
server) notify.

The same  for a return to being the GREEN active server.

I saw something about 6 months ago on setting an ICON to a color but
have not been able to find it again.

I must also be searching on the incorrect strings in the archive.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom Schmitt

Senior IT Staff - R&D