[xymon] bbwin on windows server 2008 - no data sent to bbdisplay

pkc_mls pkc_mls at yahoo.fr
Thu Jul 29 16:58:20 CEST 2010

Le 7/29/2010 2:50 PM, Storer, Raymond a écrit :
> Back to the firewall... have you tried disabling the firewall service, rebooting, and then seeing if you see any reports from this machine? You can try simply stopping the firewall service if you like, but I've seen the network stack get pretty stupid after just stopping it--so, I recommend a disable and a reboot.
I just tried with putty to run a telnet against my xymon server's IP,
and I can see the packets in wireshark, so I assume the bbwin client
doesn't go further as there is no "yourfirstbbdisplay".

I added the IP of my xymon server to
c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts with yourfisrtbbdisplay as name,
and now the client sends data to xymon server.

so it looks like my config file is not parsed.