[xymon] Fresh server install on RHEL5: source or yum repo?

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Tue Jul 27 16:39:10 CEST 2010

On Tuesday, 27 July 2010 14:39:45 Xymon User in Richmond wrote:
> I'm about to begin migrating a hobbit server on Centos5 to an RHEL5 server
> running xymon.  Would like to hear any thoughts/advice on whether to do a
> source install or a yum repo install. I'm a package management advocate,
> so I lean toward the yum install, but package management depends on the
> actual packages in the repo being managed on an ongoing basis.  I'd
> especially like to hear from Buchan M. and Neil F., since Buchan advised
> Neil about a year ago to do a yum installation.

What do you need to hear from me?

https://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/devmon/index.php?title=InstallRHELorCentOS

As I am now more involved in the Xymon project itself now, I may try and
improve matters further regarding packages, but I am not sure if it is
possible to host a repo on SourceForge.

Regards,
Buchan