[xymon] Hobbit-mailack

Asif Iqbal vadud3 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 17:37:42 CEST 2010

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 11:16 AM, Geoff Hallford
<geoff.hallford at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Does anyone know of a way to allow my custom email alerts to be used with
> hobbit-mailack? Currently, the only way to get Xymon 4.3.0-0 beta 2 to
> acknowledge an alert via email reply is for the subject line to start with
> "Hobbit [$ACKCODE]". My alerts start off with either "ALERT:" or
> "RECOVERED:" and not matter where I put the $ACKCODE, it only works if you
> do it as "Hobbit [$ACKCODE]".

You just have to modify few lines starting here, excerpted from
hobbitd/hobbit-mailack.c

 98         /* Get the alert cookie */
 99         subjexp = pcre_compile(".*(Hobbit|BB)[ -]*
\\[*(-*[0-9]+)[\\]!]*", PCRE_CASELESS, &errmsg, &errofs, NULL);
100         if (subjexp == NULL) {
101                 dbgprintf("pcre compile failed - 1\n");
102                 return 2;
103         }

So it is really pcre match. Then make clean; make and then save your
old hobbit-mailack and
replace it your new hobbit-mailack

--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu