[xymon] MAC address in the client data?

Vernon Everett everett.vernon at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 05:00:40 CEST 2010

Hi Martin

I believe this to be a Solaris feature. And looks like it is also the case
on others.
See here http://www.coffer.com/mac_info/locate-unix.html

And yes, I think sudo is the simplest way of getting round it.
However, if you have conscientious objections to using root and/or sudo, you
could try messing about with the output of arp -a.
A bit of creative scripting, and you should get something you could tack
onto the output of ifconfig -a.
YMMV.

Cheers
      Vernon