[Hobbitmon-developer] ackcode in log file

Asif Iqbal vadud3 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 22:06:53 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 12:45 PM, Asif Iqbal <vadud3 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 12:38 PM, Clark, Sean <sean.clark at twcable.com> wrote:
>> Acknowledge.log in the logs directory
>
> Hi Sean,
>
> That is not really what I am asking for. That is only the log if
> someone acknowledges it.
>
> It is really the alert code that we may or may not ack. Since alerts
> gets logged in
> notifications.log file. So would be a logical place to have the alert
> code in there as well,
> even if we never ACK it

so looks like I just need to modify the hobbitd/do_alert.c line 148 to
150 to add the cookie if I want it
the alert code to show up in notifications.log file. Is there any
other places I need to make change
as well?

137         if ((alert->color >= 0) && (alert->color < COL_COUNT)) sev
= sevtxt[alert->color];
138
139         switch (alert->state) {
140           case A_PAGING:
141           case A_ACKED:
142                 subjfmt = (include_configid ? "Hobbit [%d] %s:%s
%s [cfid:%d]" :  "Hobbit [%d] %s:%s %s");
143                 snprintf(subj, sizeof(subj)-1, subjfmt,
144                          alert->cookie, alert->hostname,
alert->testname, sev, recip->cfid);
145                 break;
146
147           case A_NOTIFY:
148                 subjfmt = (include_configid ? "Hobbit %s:%s NOTICE
[cfid:%d]" :  "Hobbit %s:%s NOTICE");
149                 snprintf(subj, sizeof(subj)-1, subjfmt,
150                          alert->hostname, alert->testname, recip->cfid);
151                 break;
152
153           case A_RECOVERED:
154                 subjfmt = (include_configid ? "Hobbit %s:%s
recovered [cfid:%d]" :  "Hobbit %s:%s recovered");
155                 snprintf(subj, sizeof(subj)-1, subjfmt,
156                          alert->hostname, alert->testname, recip->cfid);
157                 break;
158
159           case A_NORECIP:
160           case A_DEAD: