[hobbit] Hobbit/Xymon client

Cleaver, Japheth jcleaver at soe.sony.com
Thu Jul 8 21:40:33 CEST 2010

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Josh Luthman [mailto:josh at imaginenetworksllc.com]
> Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2010 12:04 PM
> To: hobbit at hswn.dk
> Subject: Re: [hobbit] Hobbit/Xymon client
>
> You want a GUI for the xymon client?

Sure -- why not? A GUI is foundational in OSX and there's no reason configuration (rather than operation) has to be by text file. Just because the *nix version will work doesn't mean there aren't native things that could be taken advantage of similar to how BBWin, etc does. I'd consider a proper OSX interface to configuration to be among them.

The existing client works fine (any bugs notwithstanding) -- I'm just thinking of future goals here. :)

-jc