[hobbit] Re: [Hobbitmon-developer] Xymon is practically dead

Steve Holmes sholmes42 at mac.com
Thu Jul 1 19:20:11 CEST 2010

Having recently convinced my new manager to throw over Zabbix in favor of
Xymon (partly due to the Zabbix admin leaving) we are in the process of
moving there. So I am VERY interested in making Xymon even better and
ensuring that it continues to be supported.

I've been a BB/Hobbit/Xymon user since the pre-Hobbit days, and could do
development and debugging, even documentation, but time will be limited due
to my moving into partial retirement, and no that doesn't mean I would have
even more time to spend on Xymon :-). I could certainly comment on some pet
bugs or enhancement requests that I have, and have raised in the past.

Steve Holmes
ITaP/ITSO/Unix Systems Administration
Purdue University
West Lafayette, IN