[hobbit] Initscript for Suse?

Rich Smrcina rsmrcina at wi.rr.com
Mon Jan 25 22:42:06 CET 2010

Although not specifically for SLES 11, I've used a variation of this on
SLES 9, 10 and 11.  It should live in /etc/rc.d and works with chkconfig.

#! /bin/sh
### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides:       xymon
# Required-Start: network
# Required-Stop:  network
# Default-Start:  3 5
# Default-Stop:   3
### END INIT INFO

case "$1" in
     start)
         echo "Starting Xymon"
         su - xymon -c "cd /home/xymon/server; ./hobbit.sh start"
         ;;
     stop)
         echo "Stopping Xymon"
         su - xymon -c "cd /home/xymon/server; ./hobbit.sh stop"
         ;;
     restart)
         $0 stop
         $0 start
         rc_status
         ;;
     *)
         echo "Usage: $0 {start|stop|restart}"
         exit 1
         ;;
esac

--
Rich Smrcina
Phone: 414-491-6001

Catch the WAVV! http://www.wavv.org
WAVV 2010 - Apr 9-13, 2010 Covington, KY