[hobbit] Initscript for Suse?

Gé Janssen ge.janssen at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 22:39:57 CET 2010

He Ralf,

Hereby my version for opensuse 11.x. See attachment.

please mind my not standard installation of xymon in /opt/monitor/xymon.
This requires some editing.

You can install it using insserv or chkconfig:

callisto:/opt/monitor/xymon/server/etc # cp xymon.opensuse11
/etc/init.d/xymon
callisto:/opt/monitor/xymon/server/etc # cd /etc/init.d/
callisto:/etc/init.d # chmod a+x xymon
callisto:/etc/init.d # chkconfig --add xymon
xymon                     0:off  1:off  2:off  3:on   4:off  5:on   6:off
callisto:/etc/init.d # chkconfig --list xymon
xymon                     0:off  1:off  2:off  3:on   4:off  5:on   6:off

callisto:/etc/init.d # service xymon start
Starting xymon: Hobbit started
Hobbit client for linux started on callisto
callisto:/etc/init.d #

Regards,

Gé