[hobbit] LIFETIME, purple statuses & check intervals

Rich Smrcina rsmrcina at wi.rr.com
Mon Jan 25 20:20:55 CET 2010

Clients still report back to the server in 5 minute intervals by
default.  That is part of the standard client reporting protocol that
even the clients that I wrote for System z operating systems adhere to.
The 30 minute timer is used to alert someone that a client has stopped
reporting it's status to the server because it is no longer running or
the client is in some way distressed.

The nature of 30 minutes and the purple color is rooted in Hobbit (now
Xymon) being derived from the Big Brother BTF network services monitor.

--
Rich Smrcina
Phone: 414-491-6001

Catch the WAVV! http://www.wavv.org
WAVV 2010 - Apr 9-13, 2010 Covington, KY