[hobbit] Cisco public password Protected - OT/Devmon Question

wiskbroom at hotmail.com wiskbroom at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 12 22:16:27 CET 2010

> On Tue, January 12, 2010 15:28, wiskbroom at hotmail.com wrote:
>>
>> Ouch, nevermind.  My issue was with an ACL on my routers preventing my
>> snmpget from working in the first place.
>>
>> Got it working, now to get it looking nice, it shows EVERYTHING by
>> default.
>>

> In case you haven't discovered yet, it will redball every interface that's
> unconnected to anything but not DOWN'ed. Fair amount of work in the
> router configs unless you disable the tests.

Three issues that I've into thus far, although still a great tool.

1.  My Xymon server, and most of my servers running snmpd, are set up for farenheit.  A few of my routers however are in celcius, this gives me flashbacks to the Mars probe.

2.  To attempt to remedy what you described above, I added:

# DEVMON:except(if_stat;ifName;na:.*)

The above ignores all of the Gig interfaces, now I need to figure out how to:

a.  Monitor just my trunks between switches.
b.  Separate my alerts so that my Linux folks get alerts for servers on their conns, Windows get theirs, and I can stay asleep at night and ignore all that are not purely network related ;-)

3.  Figure a why totally ignore, and not even show a column for, everything in if_name.

Regards,

.v