[xymon] Search engine is back

Malcolm Hunter malcolm.hunter at gmx.co.uk
Mon Dec 13 21:59:36 CET 2010

> The new search facility uses Omega, which is based on the Xapian
> engine. It's Open Source, appears to provide reasonable results,
> and very light on the system since it can be configured to only
> index updates.
>
> So I hope this will make the mail archive more useful.

Brilliant! Thanks for that. I managed to find an archive message in seconds that took me minutes to find before.

Malcolm

--
Wouldn't the sentence "I want to put a hyphen between the words FISH and AND and AND and CHIPS in my FISH-AND-CHIPS sign" have been clearer if quotation marks had been placed before "FISH," and between "FISH" and "and," and "and" and "AND," and "AND" and "and," and "and" and "AND," and "AND" and "and," and "and" and "CHIPS," as well as after "CHIPS?"