Feature: Grouped Non-green view

Chris Wopat me at falz.net
Sun Dec 5 14:41:45 CET 2010

I'd love to see an option for the "non-green view" (bb2) to be grouped
by the "page" attribute in bb-hosts. I would visualize this as still
having a list one one page but separated by the title of each "page"
while maintaining the page sort order as in the main view.

>From what I can tell this functionality would live in bbgen, I looked
through its help file but didn't see any option to enable this.

I would see this as a useful way to assist in troubleshoot or to
organize what systems to fix during outage or possibly scheduled
maintenance where you may have a large portion of your hosts down. For
example, we have a page for the core of our network that's first in
bb-hosts. Having this always at the top instead of mixed in with 100's
of other things we  would be great.

Looking at bbdisplay/pagegen.c under do_bb2_page I see:

        bb2page.subpages = NULL;
        bb2page.groups = NULL;

But no other references to these. Is this feature on the roadmap?

--Chris