[xymon] Compare Xymon and Nagios

ulric at siag.nu ulric at siag.nu
Thu Dec 2 14:47:16 CET 2010

Citerar tinh.do at continental-corporation.com:

> some groups in my company start to use Nagios.
> Has anyone used it..
> Can anyone give the feedback regarding the Nagios. Pro or Con are welcome.
> I need that information to defend my choice of Xymon.

I have used Xymon/Hobbit (and Big Brother before that) *a lot* and
Nagios in the incarnation of Opsview quite a bit less. I can say that
they are conceptually similar and a choice would have to be based on
personal taste. Development of plugins / ext tests is almost identical
and either can be trivially converted to the other.

Sorry for not being able to cough up more substantial support. I really
can't think of anything that you can do with one but not the other.

Ulric