[xymon] Possible to sum rrd into one graph ?

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 14:12:38 CEST 2010

If you're using DEFs like this:

      [la]
           TITLE CPU Load
           YAXIS Load
           DEF:avg=la.rrd:la:AVERAGE
           CDEF:la=avg,100,/

you can definitely use a pathname for the RRD.  I do exactly that with some
performance graphs where I can't use xymon:

     DEF:server1avg=/var/lib/perfmon/server1/loadavg.rrd
     DEF:server2avg=/var/lib/perfmon/server2/loadavg.rrd

I don't know if the same is true of the FNPATTERN style of setting DEFs.

Of course, if your RRD are on different physical machines, that's a bit
harder...  :)

Ralph Mitchell