[xymon] Warning threshold for ping and email alert

Asif Iqbal vadud3 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 16:55:22 CEST 2010

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 7:13 AM, Marc Fricke <mfricke at royfree.org.au> wrote:
> Is there a way to set a warning/critical threshold for the "conn" ping test? EG. can I get it to show yellow/red when pings hit a defined amount such as 2000ms+?

badconn:1:2:4  will turn yellow on 2 failed pings and turn red on 4 failed pings

man bb-hosts and search for badTEST and badconn for more details

> To send email alerts from Xymon - do I need to setup mail in CentOS first and it should be automatic? Thanks

you need to define MAIL in hobbtiserver.cfg

man hobbitserver.cfg and search for MAIL for more details

huh?

> This message, together with any attachment, is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is legally privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please be informed that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this message, or any attachment is strictly prohibited. Kindly note that Internet communications are not secured and therefore are susceptible to alteration. RFBI will not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message. Thank you for your co-operation.

you probably want to remove this crap before posting it to mailing list.

--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu