[hobbit] Top-Posting (was Re: [hobbit] Custom script shows purple)

Jerald Sheets questy at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 02:04:28 CEST 2010

You have to "opt-in" to bottom posting configurations in most modern email clients.  The industry as a whole makes "top-posting-friendly" clients, and by and large the majority of said clients will be setup in this way by default.

Now, as for those on many different lists, it's so hard to keep track of which list wants what in posting terms that it's simply undoable.

It *IS* a religious war (vi vs emacs, anyone?)
It *IS* not important in the grand scheme of things.
It *IS* a waste to argue about it.

Again, I'm eternally grateful for all the help I get on this list and am more than happy to share things when I write or discover them.  That's what is important (and should remain important) about this list.

I will not be (top)posting on this topic any further.  I think it's wasting all our time at this point.

--jms