[hobbit] Dependencies when installing

Xymon User in Richmond hobbit at epperson.homelinux.net
Thu Apr 29 01:28:39 CEST 2010

On Wed, April 28, 2010 18:04, Ralph Mitchell wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 7:19 AM, Peter Brandt <peter at pbclibrary.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello, when installing I am seeing the following errors and yum finds
>> nothing to do.
>>
>> I am on Fedora 12, can you offer any advice?
>>
>> Thank you and regards; [peter at peterlinux Downloads]$ rpm -i
>> hobbit-4.2.0-1.s390.rpm error: Failed dependencies: liblber.so.199 is
>> needed by hobbit-4.2.0-1.s390 libldap.so.199 is needed by
>> hobbit-4.2.0-1.s390 librrd.so.0 is needed by hobbit-4.2.0-1.s390
>>

> The first two libraries are part of LDAP and the other is rrdtool.  I
> couldn't tell you the exact rpms to load as I don't have any kind of
> RedHat installation, but I suspect you'll want something like
> openldap-devel.xxx.rpm & rrdtool-devel.xxx.rpm

You need openldap-devel and rrdtool-devel, but in older versions not in
the F12 repos.  Much as I favor rpm-based software installation on
rpm-based distros, Josh Luthman's earlier advice to compile from source is
going to be your easiest path.  If you do choose to hunt down and install
the correct rpm versions of the dependencies, you'll need to put exclude=
lines for them in your yum.conf to avoid yum errors.

>From the name of the rpm, it looks like you're installing for a System
390?  That looks odd.