[hobbit] Fixing zoom in graphs for Firefox 3.0.18

Kristian Nielsen knielsen at knielsen-hq.org
Wed Apr 7 13:21:01 CEST 2010

Buchan Milne <bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net> writes:

> Are you starting your drag when the cursor is a pointer, and not a cross ?
> Shouldn't you just start your drag from inside the graph boundaries/axes
> (instead of over random parts of the image outside the graph boundaries)?

Ok, seems the real problem is that my cursor never becomes a cross, it stays a
pointer when moving over the graph.

I did not realise this was how it is supposed to work until you explained
it :-) As I never saw the cross appear.

Eg. the graphs in http://xymon.org/ are working fine in my browser.

> I guess if many people have this problem, it is worth fixing, but ... I've
> never had any new users to Xymon ask this.

Indeed, I also found it strange that noone else were having this issue.

I am using the Hobbit packaged in Ubuntu 8.04 (on two different
systems). Maybe the problem is with the Ubuntu package rather than with Hobbit
/ XYMon. Or it's just been fixed in newer versions of XYMon.

Either way, probably not something that needs any further fixing.

Thanks,

 - Kristian.