[hobbit] Graphs stop update 24 hours after client reboot; start again 24 hours later.

Patrik Nilsson patrik at jalbum.net
Wed Sep 30 15:51:08 CEST 2009

Returning to this old thread as I ran into this issue today.

Wed, 28 Jan 2009 12:23:17 +0000 (UTC), Henrik wrote:
>"Brand, Thomas R." <TRBrand (at) cvs.com> writes:
>>I need some help/suggestions to figure out why my "cpu load" and "users
>>& processes" graphs stop updating about 24 hours after the systems
>>reboot. The updates stop for anywhere from 12 to 24 hours, then simply
>>start back up again.
>>Only the "CPU load" and the "Users and Processes" graphs are having the
>>problem; disk, memory, cpu utilization, network traffic don't miss a
>>beat.

>The only explanation I can come up with is that the format of
>some of the "cpu" status message is different for the first 24 hours
>after a reboot.
>Could you send me an example of the cpu status shortly after a reboot,
>and one when the graphs are working ?
>What OS are these boxes ?

Running openSUSE 11.1 (x86_64).

Client output that does not update the rrd:

[top]
top - 14:39:44 up 1 day,  4:40,  3 users,  load average: 2.42, 2.88, 2.89

Client output that does update the rrd:

[top]
top - 14:42:51 up 40 days,  2:41,  3 users,  load average: 4.19, 3.61, 3.10

The only difference I can see is "day" instead of "days".

Regards,

Patrik