[hobbit] DNS Test - No Record Lookup

MFisher at hra.com MFisher at hra.com
Wed Sep 23 22:40:11 CEST 2009

[xymon at xymon]$ dig solaris @solaris

; <<>> DiG 9.5.0b2 <<>> solaris @solaris
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;solaris.                         IN      A

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
.                       10800   IN      SOA     A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.
NSTLD.VERISIGN-GRS.COM. 2009092201 1800 900 604800 86400

;; Query time: 39 msec
;; SERVER: 192.168.X.X#53(192.168.X.X)
;; WHEN: Wed Sep 23 13:36:58 2009
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 98

[xymon at xymon]$ dig @solaris.domain.com solaris.domain.com

; <<>> DiG 9.5.0b2 <<>> @solaris.domain.com solaris.domain.com
; (1 server found)
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr aa rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;solaris.domain.com.                 IN      A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
solaris.domain.com.          259200  IN      A       192.168.X.X

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
domain.com.                259200  IN      NS      solaris.domain.com.

;; Query time: 1 msec
;; SERVER: 192.168.X.X#53(192.168.X.X)
;; WHEN: Wed Sep 23 13:37:05 2009
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 61

             Josh Luthman
             <josh at imaginenetw
             orksllc.com>                                               To
                                       hobbit at hswn.dk
             09/23/2009 01:34                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [hobbit] DNS Test - No Record
             Please respond to         Lookup
              hobbit at hswn.dk

Can you provide the output of

dig solaris @solaris

dig solaris.domain.com @solaris.domain.com

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343
1100 Wayne St
Suite 1337
Troy, OH 45373

"When you have eliminated the impossible, that which remains, however
improbable, must be the truth."
--- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle