[hobbit] DNS Test - No Record Lookup

MFisher at hra.com MFisher at hra.com
Wed Sep 23 22:26:14 CEST 2009

I have chanegd the bb-hosts entry to be
192.168.X.X   solaris.domain.com                                   # dns
nis ntp telnet pop3 pop3s imap imaps

And i renamed through bb with the command   ./bb 127.0.0.1 "rename solaris
solaris.domain.com"

No dice....UGH

             Craig Cook
             <Craig.Cook at carqu
             est.com>                                                   To
                                       "hobbit at hswn.dk" <hobbit at hswn.dk>
             09/23/2009 01:13                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [hobbit] DNS Test - No Record
             Please respond to         Lookup
              hobbit at hswn.dk

>##############The bb-hosts file entry is as follows:
>
>page solaris Solaris
>192.168.X.X   solaris                                   # Name:"SOLARIS"
dns nis ntp telnet pop3 pop3s imap imaps

You are not using FQDN.

Try (as the xymon user on the xymon host)

dig @solaris solaris

You may not be resolving correctly.  Confirm /etc/resolv.conf is correct

Try adding your domain to bb-hosts

192.168.X.X   solaris.example.com  # Name:"SOLARIS" dns nis ntp telnet pop3
pop3s imap imaps

Also try removing  ‘ Name:"SOLARIS” ‘  (I don’t think that will matter
though)

Craig