[hobbit] RSS display disabled hosts

Ricardo Stella stella at rider.edu
Mon Sep 21 17:51:07 CEST 2009

Couple of things to note..  I am using pagesets and this setup is to be
able to extract via rss only certain tests per hosts.

As someone had posted a couple of years ago, I modified bbgen.c so that
if pagesets were enabled, it would still create rss.  This seems to work
good except that I also need to be able to display disabled status.

changed       if (pageset || embedded || snapshot) enable_wmlgen = 0;
to       if (pageset || embedded || snapshot) enable_wmlgen = wantrss = 0;

I made the above mentioned change and created a new bbgen binary and use
this to create the pages like this:

BBWEB="/hobbit/HelpDesk" $BBHOME/ext/hd_bbgen \
       --rss --rsslimit=blue --pageset=hd --template=hd\
       $BBHOME/www/HelpDesk/

Now for a sub group that has a disabled test, it shows green in it's
rss.  I have a network sub group in a 'net' directory, so the following
is created:

$BBHOME/www/HelpDesk/net/net.rss

Not a  programmer, but played a bit with the rssgen.c code and disabled
this:

// if (h->color < rsscolorlimit) return;

The disabled test was then displayed on the 'net.rss' file, however it
showed the actual result of the test, and not the blue (disabled)
status, ie, a red condition.

Hope someone understands this and is able to help.  I can clarify more
if needed...  TIA...