[hobbit] xynagios for RHEL ?

Torsten Richter bb4 at richter-it.net
Wed Sep 2 16:35:46 CEST 2009

Hi Martin,

I just took a quick peek into the file and it is a perl script that says in the description:

<xynagios> runs a Nagios check, and reports its output in a way compatible
with the Xymon (Hobbit, BB) monitoring system.

The Xymon test name is taken from the plugin output if it starts with
test_name <OK|WARNING|CRITICAL|ERROR|UNKNOWN>. Otherwise, the basename
of the plugin filename is used. A check prefix is removed for brevity.

So it seems you can run Nagios tests in XYmon with this script.

And since this is a perl script you might only need some additional modules that can be found in the Debian package libsysadm-install-perl and maybe there is a similar package for Red Hat too.

HTH
Torsten

Hi !

Can somebody give me an hint or description,
how the pluggin xynagios is to use ?

Helper software:

  * xynagios: adaptor for running Nagios plugins with Xymon

I've found it in the debian-packes
http://packages.debian.org/de/sid/hobbit-plugins

And is there a version for RHEL or is that equal ?

Thanks & Cheers

        martin

hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk