[hobbit] Xymon FILE check (hobbit-clients.cfg)

Greg Hubbard glh.forums at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 19:28:40 CEST 2009

Hard to debug this one -- especially since the Xymon "style" is to silently
ignore errors in configuration files.  You say it is "random" but have you
tried to correlate server operating system, etc. with success/failure?  Are
you mixing BBWIN and UNIX agents?

You might pick one "failing" server and check the client log files for clues
(not sure what to tell you to look for).  You might do the "is it plugged
in?" things -- does the log file that you want to check exist, is it
readable by the agent, did the agent recognize the file, was the file
defined properly in the client-local.cfg file on the server, etc.

GLH

--
Disclaimer:  1) all opinions are my own, 2) I may be completely wrong, 3) my
advice is worth at least as much as what you are paying for it, or your