checking websites and DNS registration with xymon

David Hay Currie dhaycurrie at leisurefitness.com
Fri Oct 9 20:56:09 CEST 2009

I know I posted this in a previous email, but I still did not get any
answer.

I am trying to monitor websites that we have. Most of DNS domains points
to the same web site.

1.       How can I check the status of the domain registration? There is
a dnsreg in the xymon demo pages, but I did not find any information
regarding this feature or how to set it up

2.       How can I monitor the IP address that a domain has. In the demo
pages there is a check for IP, which probably would do what I want

3.       Currently I am just checkin by using "0.0.0.0
www.domainname.com # noconn http://www.domainname.com" which works, but
once an hour a couple of checks go red at the same time, and this is
most likely due to slow response from the server. Basically I want to
avoid DoSing the web server with my tests. Suggestions?

David