[hobbit] BBWin Central vs Local Configuration

Peter Welter peter.welter at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 14:09:06 CET 2009

2009/11/24 Malcolm Hunter <malcolm.hunter at gmx.co.uk>:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know why the information displayed on Xymon is so different depending on whether you set BBWin to use centralised or local configuration?
In central mode, bbwin behaves like a normal, regular Xymon client.
Which means: show all information available and have it checked
(validated) on the server.

> For example, services in central mode list all available services, whereas in local mode it only shows the ones you want to monitor - centralised mode also doesn't allow spaces in the service name.
See above. In central mode, there is only one place where you
configure your hosts.

> In centralised mode, it seems to be hit or miss whether it reports on events in the system log (some clients work, some don't), whereas in local mode it works fine.
Also, here you have to modify on the central server your configfiles.
You must tell the clients to monitor the local logfiles:

Central mode? Configure clients-local.cfg as follows:

[win32]
eventlog:security
ignore some_example_string
eventlog:application