clientupdate The client did not report any logfile data and rrd-data.log error updating

Bill Wagner william.wagner at ipacc.com
Wed Nov 25 17:50:37 CET 2009

I am running xymon 4.2.3 on a solaris platform.  I am deployed to 300+
clients and all is working.  Today I decided to use clientupdate for the
first time.  The two clients I configured to receive the updates were
updated but now the 'msgs' test on both clients returns "No log data
available" and "The client did not report any logfile data".  All other
tests are still working.

in a probably unrelated issue, I also see persistent messages in
rrd-data.log:

2009-11-25 10:47:16 RRD error updating
/export/home/xymon/data/rrd/<hostname>/ifstat.mac.rrd from <IP>: illegal
attempt to update using time 1259167636 when last update time is
1259167636 (minimum one second step)

any idea what is going on?

thanks