[hobbit] Password Protected Areas?

Matthew Moldvan mmoldvan at csc.com
Wed Nov 18 22:58:23 CET 2009

Here is our configuration in /etc/httpd/conf.d/hobbit-apache.conf that
allows us to authenticate against AD.  Took a lot of searching to find the
solution, which was pretty obscure, so hopefully this helps.  I've removed
the default comments, so you may want to put them back or have your own.

Note the "AuthzLDAPAuthoritative Off" ... that was the kicker in getting
it all to play nice.

<Directory "<xymon_install_path>/cgi-secure">
    AllowOverride None
    Options ExecCGI Includes
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    AuthType Basic
    AuthBasicProvider ldap
    AuthGroupFile <absolute_path_to_group_file>
    AuthLDAPURL
"ldap://<ip_address>/dc=example,dc=domain,dc=com?sAMAccountName?sub?(objectClass=*)"
    AuthName "Xymon Admin - Use your Windoze password"
    AuthzLDAPAuthoritative off
    Require valid-user
    Require group <defined_inside_of_AuthGroupFile>
    AuthLDAPBindDN
"CN=_<BindUser>,OU=<Org>,OU=<Another_Org>,DC=example,DC=domain,DC=com"
    AuthLDAPBindPassword     "<something_unwieldy>"
</Directory>

Unix System Administrator
Computer Science Corporation
General Dynamics Land Systems
38500 Mound Rd.
Sterling Heights, MI.  48310
Desk: (586) 825-8294
Oracle IM: moldvanm

delivery.
purpose.

RE: [hobbit] Password Protected Areas?

wiskbroom
to:
hobbit
11/13/2009 08:13 AM

Please respond to hobbit

Thank you Henrik!

> To: hobbit at hswn.dk
> From: henrik at hswn.dk
> Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 09:34:00 +0000
> Subject: Re: [hobbit] Password Protected Areas?
>
> In <BAY133-W98025609B24B9A43D30FBB4AA0 at phx.gbl> <wiskbroom> writes:
>
> >Really? You know of a way in which I can auth against AD and based on
> >page/pages in apache?
>
> Pages and subpages are just physical directories below
~hobbit/server/www/