centralized configuration - external scripts

Cayo de Moraes camorae at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 18 08:10:00 CET 2009

Hi guys,

just like we use the file hobbit-clients.cfg to manage DISK, CPU, PROCS etc.
for each client, we would like to have a centralized configuration for the
external scripts.

So far I tested two things:

1)  Server-side check:
bb-hosts entry (for the external scripts), additional code entry in the
external scripts (for bbhostgrep), etc.

Problem: this seems to work only with "Network checks" which will be done
from Server-side to check the clients, like advanced ftp/ping/ssh script
etc. It doesnt work for scripts, wich have to run on the clients, like mysql
checks.

2) ONHOST:
the entry ONHOST in the hobbitlaunch.cfg.

Problem: this is not working for me... i tought with this entry Hobbit would
be able to issue an order to the client and then execute the command in the
client, but when looking into the logfiles, i see that Hobbit have to find
the external script on the Hobbit-Server (i think its the same result as in
Problem 1). I tought it would work as a "bb-bbextab"... but the MAN Pages
says it has to be configured on the server....

So guys, do i have another way to manage this external scripts (which have
to be run on the clients) in the Hobbit-Server?

TIA,
Cayo