[hobbit] Running scripts on request

Greg Hubbard glh.forums at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 21:14:16 CET 2009

I don't think Xymon is designed to support "on demand" tests initiated from
the central Web server.  Perhaps Henrik can tell us if this is on the
roadmap.

If you can figure out how to launch your script on the remote system (and it
has a Xymon client) you can use the cilent facilities to post a message to
the Xymon server and have a status dot updated.  You will have to become
familar with the bbmsg options (such as the "valid time" option) to avoid
"purple" status changes.

GLH

--
Disclaimer:  1) all opinions are my own, 2) I may be completely wrong, 3) my
advice is worth at least as much as what you are paying for it, or your