[hobbit] Location of the Linux / Unix client software

Greg Hubbard glh.forums at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 23:18:07 CET 2009

Xymon is distributed as source code that you compile.  Some of the Linux
distributions have packages available to save you from the config/compile
step, but usually these are older versions.  The server requires a number of
other things (fping, rrdtool, etc.), but the client needs are much simpler.

If your client system is a similar architecture to your server, you can copy
the client directory to your client, though you will still need to integrate
it with startup/shutdown, etc.  Beware of what is in your log and tmp
directories (under client) when you copy this stuff.

You can compile just the client by following the instructions in the
documentation.

GLH

--
Disclaimer:  1) all opinions are my own, 2) I may be completely wrong, 3) my
advice is worth at least as much as what you are paying for it, or your