[hobbit] How do I prevent red/purple alert storm from Xymon server ?

Kauffman, Tom KauffmanT at nibco.com
Tue Mar 31 16:21:53 CEST 2009

The "depends" tag and the "route" tag are described in the man page for bb-hosts. I use the following:
route:whq-router1,sdc-router-hsrp,sdv-firewall-1

whq-router-1 is my local router, sdc-router-hsrp is the site router, and sdv-firewall-1 is an internall firewall/router. If connectivity to any of these fails, every test for all systems with this tag will report 'clear' except connectivity -- which will be yellow.

Tom

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This email and any attachments are for the
exclusive and confidential use of the intended recipient.  If you are not
the intended recipient, please do not read, distribute or take action in
reliance upon this message. If you have received this in error, please
notify us immediately by return email and promptly delete this message
and its attachments from your computer system. We do not waive
attorney-client or work product privilege by the transmission of this
message.