[hobbit] Static compile

oyvind.bjorge at telenor.com oyvind.bjorge at telenor.com
Tue Mar 24 14:47:54 CET 2009

I think I found the solution.
I have not tested the software yet, but the compiling seems good.
The files is much bigger, and they are static linked:
# file bb
bb: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.2.5, statically linked, not stripped

The solution was as simple as I first hoped for.
After running the configure script, I edited the Makefile.
Adding the following line before last line:
CFLAGS = -static

The reason why it didn't work the first time is since I had compiled from the same location before, I had to run touch on all .c files.

Øyvind