Drop test columns

Igor Cicimov icicimov at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 07:06:01 CET 2009

Hi all,

I have Hobbit 4.2.0 running on Debian box and was trying numerous times to
drop the "apt" and "libs" columns from the columns display for couple of
client hosts with no avail. The reason I would like to drop them is they go
yellow after system upgrades and started to be annoing now after some time.

I have tried doing it according to hobbit documentation:

- drop the test using the bb command
- use NOCOLUMNS statement in the bb-hosts file for each of the hosts to hide
the columns

but the columns keep coming back after couple of minutes. So none of the
above approaches work really.

Any idea why this is not working and what else can be done to remove the
columns permanently? I have searched the forum but couldn't find appropriate
answer apart from one stating config file hacking which I don't take as
appropriate solution since this should be working functionality in Hobbit.

Thanks in advance for any answers and ones again thanks to everybody
involved in this project for the great monitoring tool they have created :)

Igor