[hobbit] RE: SMS Alerts

Galen Johnson Galen.Johnson at sas.com
Thu Mar 19 18:31:22 CET 2009

You are correct.  I never program bash scripts.  I have always used bourne only to ensure the script will run on any server I put it on without going through hoops (just how I was raised).  Most modern shells have a Bourne-shell mode when called as /bin/sh.  Many modern linux distros have sh either hardlinked or symlinked to bash.    Didn't realize you could do string manipulation like that (I usually just pipe to cut)

=G=