[hobbit] Cisco monitoring?

McDonald, Dan Dan.McDonald at austinenergy.com
Thu Mar 19 14:38:57 CET 2009

On Wed, 2009-03-18 at 12:29 -0400, William Ottley wrote:
> Is there a Cisco monitoring script that I could use?

Although you will hear many calls for devmon, devmon does not currently
support snmp v3.  If that is a requirement for you, then I would
recommend using mrtg with appropriate templates, and bbmrtg.pl to report
the values to xymon.  I use that technique to monitor 135 UPS, 94
temperature/humidity probes, 19 firewalls, and close to 300 Cisco
routers/switches.

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE #2495, CISSP #78281, CNX
Austin Energy