[hobbit] Upgrading Hobbit 4.2 to xymon 4.3.2...

Stef Coene stef.coene at docum.org
Tue Mar 17 09:11:56 CET 2009

On Monday 16 March 2009, Frank M. Ramaekers wrote:
> Has anyone performed this upgrade?   I'm concerned about the name change
> and directory/file name changes.
> I have a production system but no test system to test the upgrade.
Only the default directory for the installation and the web server URL is
changed.  So if you keep these the same, nothing will change.

I upgrade some of my monitor servers.  I moved all data to the new default
installation directory and did a make install.  I also changed the username
from hobbit to xymon.  For the url, I configured apache to redirect all
hobbit url's to xymon (/hobbit -> /xymon and idem for the cgi urls).

These are the basic steps.  Actually, I use subversion for the upgrade, but
the idea is the same.

Stef